Friday 4 May 2012

It Can't Be May Already!

Hard to believe, I know. Seems like only yesterday it was Christmas. It's been a busy and sad few months for the Lloyd household. Just before easter our wonderful black lab Murph passed away. We didn't feel much like eating chocolate.

The last couple of weeks, we've been tidying out the loft. Boxes of photos have been assembled and either scanned or thrown into the discard pile. It's been quite a journey. My darling wife has done the most of it, me being the type who doesn't easily sit in one place for too long and bores easily. I love flicking through the photos, seeing places we should really visit again, and realising just how full and energetic our life has been. And how slim and young we were back then.

With all this reminiscing we've decided to pick up the pace again. We're off hill climbing later this month, used to do lots of that, crampons an' all. No Murph to accompany us, but hey it can't always be perfect. When we come back, the puppy hunt will begin in earnest. We've identified a number of breeders, at least one of whom ought to like us. If they pick us, then we can pick a puppy.

My wife has pretty much recovered her health (just as well considering the hill climbing part). I guess we're ready now for the next chapter in our lives together. Looking back through the photographic years, I see friends who were together and are no longer. New friends who have joined us, old friends who no longer inhabit this earth. Three friends who didn't make it to their 40th birthdays.

I intend celebrating my next birthday (just over a week's time) on top of a munro, surrounded by my friends. Well, those who make it up the hill at any rate, I have been told one or two will be waiting in the nearest pub. Time with friends and family is the best present around. And time well spent to boot.

So here's to Murph, thanks for all the years; to all my friends, thanks for being there guys; and to my wife, who needs no more words from me.




No comments: